Tuesday, October 8, 2013

REVEILLE

For my inaugural entry I decided to go to one of my favorites, Reveille. 200 Columbus Avenue.

Brothers Tommy and Chris Newberry started it as a coffee truck (that still operates not far away in Jackson Square) but purveying good coffee always has its place in San Francisco; so they opened a store front about a year ago.

Cappuccino Love
What they offer: coffee, pour-over, espresso, delicious baked goods and lunch items, salads and sandwiches. 

What you can expect:
People who care about coffee, a lot. An open, clean and modern space on the edge of North Beach.

The coffee:  FourBarrel is used for pour over and espresso drinks. FourBarrel is a fantastic local roaster that does small batch roasting from known growers. A favorite.

The espresso is is a traditional Italian style, smooth to begin and slightly fruity/acidic on the finish. Delicious. I often get my cappuccino fix here. 

This day, I had a Columbia Andino pour over which was beyond fantastic.  Delicious with strawberry tones.   It drank like a dessert to the bottom of the cup. And left such a pleasant after taste that lasted for a good half hour. 

The Food:
Craftsmen at work
The food was fresh, healthy and reasonably priced. (especially for this part of town) I tried a small faro salad with Brussels sprouts and pumpkin seeds and a small quinoa salad with golden beets, goat cheese and arugula. I got smalls so I could try a couple things; but either would have made a satisfying lunch on their own. Very reasonable for $4 each.  I should have taken a picture... I'll just have to go back... 

Definitely a craft shop. 6 of 7 Stars: Worth Going out of your way for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment